TEAMSTERS LOCAL #449
2175 William Street | Buffalo, NY 14206
Telephone: (716) 874-2200 | Fax: (716) 874-8322
|Principal Officer: George E. Harrigan||Year Chartered: 1938|
|Vice President: Daniel E. Ayler||Local Membership: Approx. 2,500|
Territory covers both Erie and Niagara counties. Teamsters Local 449’s transport drivers drive concrete mixers, dump trucks, freight handlers, site trucks, fuel trucks, residential and commercial rubbish haulers (construction), car haulers, U.P.S. delivery vehicles and work at on-site warehousing.
Major Projects Associated With
- The Buffalo-Niagara International Airport
- The Niagara Falls Drinking Water Treatment Plant
- Rainbow Bridge Expansion Project
- HSBC Arena
“We represent experienced, skilled drivers in our construction division raises the bar for professionalism and productivity.”
– Daniel Ayler, Construction Division
Community and Charitable InvolvementS
- United Way of Niagara Special Events Award – 1993, 1995
- United Way Bronze Award Recipient – 1995
- United Way of Buffalo and Erie County Award of Excellence – 1996
- Cradle Beach Camp – Gus Macker Basketball Tournament
“The Teamsters – the Only Union in America Representing Every Kind of Worker in America”
Apprenticeship requirements: Class “A” or Class “B” driver’s license.
Click here for more information.
BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services)